在前沿科技公司 (FTC), we are a worldwide supplier of californium-252 (Cf-252) neutron sources. With over 40 years of expertise working with clients across a spectrum of industries, we have the knowledge and experience needed to provide reliable, high-strength neutron sources to customers.
One of our core industries served is military and defense. Below, we provide an overview of Cf-252 and how it is used in military and defense applications.
A Quick Overview of 胜博发官网娱乐app下载- 252 Neutron Sources
胜博发官网娱乐app下载- 252 is an extremely strong neutron emitter, with one microgram releasing 170 million neutrons every minute. 正因为如此, Cf-252 has been used as a neutron source in a variety of neutron-based systems since its discovery in 1950. The stability of its neutron emissions makes it an especially reliable means of initiating nuclear fission reactions.
在前沿科技公司, we produce customer-tailored Cf-252 sources to the most rigorous industry standards, ensuring the reliability of our products and the safety of our customers. 每个源都是双重封装的, which consists of an inner and outer capsule made from 304L stainless steel or Zircaloy-2 using advanced welding techniques.
胜博发官网娱乐app下载- 252 in Portable Isotopic Neutron Spectroscopy (PINS) Systems
In the military and defense industry, californium-252 is typically used within portable isotopic neutron spectroscopy (PINS) systems, a technology used to determine the composition of a sample and identify if it is hazardous. PINS systems allow military and defense personnel to detect the presence of explosives or chemical agents in a non-destructive way, without ever having to open sealed containers and potentially setting off the device/compound in question. Using neutron sources to evaluate the sample ensures the safety of response teams and avoids a potentially life-threatening situation.
Portable isotopic neutron spectroscopy technology uses californium-252 to bombard and saturate the sample with neutrons. 中子轰击后, the material in the container releases unique gamma-ray signatures, which are then analyzed by PINS software to identify the composition of the contents. Materials and devices that can be identified by PINS systems include artillery and mortar projectiles, 火箭, 炸弹, 地雷, 还有气瓶.
pin系统是高度便携的. Some variations feature a handheld design, which makes them even easier to carry and use in the field. 它们不仅便于运输, but they can also provide information on-site without having to transfer contents to a laboratory or other facility for analysis.
If you are interested in learning more about californium-252 and its many applications, check out the following resources we have available:
- 《KU娱乐官网app下载》: a great foundational overview of this extraordinary neutron source
- 胜博发官网娱乐app下载- 252常见问题: answers to frequently asked questions (常见问题) about Cf-252
- Type-A Radioactive Shipping Containers: information on the containers used to store and transport Cf-252
- 电子书图书馆: our various downloadable guides covering topics related to californium-252
为你的军队选择FTC & 防御应用需求
With more than 40 years of experience in the design and development of californium-252 neutron sources, we specialize in custom neutron sources that meet the specifications and standards of even the most critical specifications. By partnering with FTC for their Cf-252 needs, our customers benefit from our:
- 自定义功能. We provide our customers with a wide variety of options for the size and inner/outer capsule specifications. Customers are able to choose from 32 standard source lengths and various combinations of inner/outer capsule materials. Check out more information about our sources 在这里.
- 定制屏蔽墙. KU娱乐官网app下载的中子源特征 定制屏蔽墙 made from a proprietary water-extended polyester (WEP) inner material and stainless steel outer material. The unique combination ensures safety during the transportation and use of the neutron source.
- 免费返回源程序. 一旦中子源耗尽， KU娱乐官网app下载免费退换 (shipping and handling costs are the responsibility of the customer).
You can also find additional information about the use of Cf-252 sources in PINS systems in our blog post, “检测 & Defeating IEDs With 胜博发官网娱乐app下载- 252 and the PINS System”.